- Academic Programs
"One of the most important parts of the design process is working with a good modelist."
Marni Joy - Fashion
Designer The person who prepares the pattern of the model drawn by the designer or stylist is called a "modelist".
The modelist is the person who forms the basic structure of the sewing phase after molding the model drawn by the stylists. The modelists who take out the molds in order for the models to be mass produced are responsible for all processes from sewing instructions to creating the model. The modelists who apply the model on the basic molds, determine the fabric allowances, nippers and apply the mold to the fabric; They can identify and show problems in design, production process and materials.
Modeling means the preparation of the model mold for mass production according to the predetermined international standard size table of the clothes to be obtained in the textile industry. There are practical and computerized modeling (Gerber) as well as draping technique for personalized clothes.
Conditions to Become a Modelist
1) Modelist; have basic information about female, male and child body proportions and body measurements; should know the auxiliary materials and their usage properties in ready-to-wear.
2) The modelist must have the ability to concentrate.
3) Must have numeracy, love geometry and drawing.
4) Since modeling is a teamwork, human relations should be strong.
5) Understand the details by looking at the designs of stylists; should know how to show stitches such as piping, cuts and gaze.
6) After the mold is sewn and dressed on the mannequin, it should be able to see the problematic parts and have a practical idea about how to fix them.
7) When making a mold, it should pay attention to the suitability of the mold for sewing and mass production, and to be able to exchange views with the mechanic and stylist when necessary.
The Place and Importance of the
Modelist in the Clothing Industry The Modelist interprets the shape and proportion for the new collection by working through the images and drawings that convey the direction and stance of the designer's collection. It helps to realize an idea or vision in three dimensions. The skill of the model is to interpret the shape and proportion correctly for the new collection, working mainly through the silhouette drawn by the designer.
Training in the clothing industry, where modeling is very important, also makes a big difference.
With the Modeling training at the International Altier Academy, it is aimed to train strong modelists for the sector by teaching both hand pattern techniques, draping techniques and computerized pattern Gerber Accumark 3D.
In the academy; In the field of women's wear, men's wear, children's wear and underwear, starting from the basic level, base pattern preparation in one-to-one size, stenciling, modeling, grading, marker preparation and sewing techniques are taught in one-to-one size and intensive workshop practices.
BİZ SİZİ ARAYALIMLÜTFEN FORMU DOLDURUNUZ